Contributing to Equation Editor
There are a number of things that need to be done to enhance the user experience of LaTeX Equation Editor:
- Automatically detect the location of MiKTeX if it's installed;
- Use displaymath mode by default, it's way prettier than math mode.
- Allow the user to export to a file, instead of only to the clipboard.
- Use a lower default for refreshing. It's not nearly as "live" now as it could be.
- Build in a simple list, buttons or references for adding symbols and typical mathematical operations (divisions, limits, sums...).
- New features...?
- A nice icon...? ;)
I will get around to this someday, but in the meantime if you're a developer and eager to see some of this fixed, you are more than welcome to the source and to make the modifications. I will gladly accept your patches.
The source is available from SourceForge SVN:
svn co https://latexeqedit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/latexeqedit/trunk latexeqedit
To build you will need:
- Borland Delphi (5, 6, 7)
Also, the project's SourceForge page may be of use.
LaTeX Equation Editor for Windows and this website are copyright © 2007–2008 by Rico Huijbers
If you want to contact me, you can leave a note on this project's SourceForge support request tracker.